Bear Creek & Eastern - Progress Report - 2007-07 Report
07/29/2007
07/29/2007
The curve at the corner is a bit close to the edge of the layout, I fabricated this splint to cover the corner.
2007-07 Report
Here you can see a different angle where I have applied Sculptamold and finished the scenery to blend that splint into the surrounding scenery.
2007-07 Report
I decided that a section of track in the switching area needed to act as a programming track for the decoders in my engines. I drilled a hole in the layout to house toggle switch.
2007-07 Report
I installed a DPDT switch into the top of the layout, so that I could flip the switch between normal track power (labeled "T") and the programming track (labeled "P").
2007-07 Report
A removable freight station took care of hiding the switch. All I had to do was move the structure, flip the switch, do the programming, and flip the switch back. It worked great.
2007-07 Report
Trackwork is progressing very slowly in the switching area in the front of the layout. I have fun running trains instead. Here's one of those fantastic Life-Like 2-8-8-2 engines pulling a few passenger cars.
2007-07 Report
A more distant photo shows some of the switching moves I can do with just the little bit of track I do have.
2007-07 Report