I've been doing some scenery work and enjoying running the trains, but it is now time to finish the track work in the front area. This is just a progress-update photo of the new track area.
I placed the industrial area lower than the mainline. I have never been a fan of doing that in the modeling world because of the problems associated with the track height differences. I wanted to experiment with that in this layout. I wound up having to build a ramp from the turntable down to the area that holds the industrial switching. I am installing the track here.
This shows the track after the glue dried.
However, as soon as the glue was dry (I used 5-minute epoxy to hold the rail down to the ties for code 40 rail), I tried the track and discovered that my trusty GP7 couldn't make it up the hill. Not because of lack of power, but because its front steps hit the rails! Oops!!! So, I decided a much more smoother, less steep grade was needed for this up ramp. Out it came...