After completing the track plan transfer, I painted the plywood sheet laid out the track. I had hand-built the needed turnouts for this area. The rest of the track is flextrack.
Happy with the track plan, I started gluing down the AMI roadbed.
And then installing the track.
Meanwhile, the mountain gained some rock outcroppings from castings I had made. I also took the time to paint them and apply some various colors of ground foam to blend them in.
This is just an update photo of the opposite corner from the big mountain, in front of the closet. Not much going on here yet.
The same thing on the side of the layout that is in front of the room's two windows.
I wanted to have water on the river, so I applied a layer of gloss medium to the river bed. Before I did that I had painted the river's edges a brown matching the scenery base to mimic shallower areas. This was the first time I used gloss medium. What you see in the photo below is what the material looks like when you apply it. It will dry clear.