The PRR Chartiers Branch - Progress Report - 2008-08 Report
08/30/2008
08/30/2008
The next photo shows the ten cabinets in place and bolted together. From this angle you see the room from the room's entrance. The toe-kick ladder frame worked really well. It was relatively easy to connect all the cabinets together. For most I had to drill new holes between them because they weren't lined up with the same ones I had done during the construction of the P&C RR #4. The new layout will be built on top of these cabinets. All-in-all, the clean look of the cabinets makes the room look very nice and comfortable. I hope to maintain these clean lines in the layout on top. This is, after all, my office, so I need to keep it as relaxing of a work space as possible.
2008-08 Report
The first step in building the module bases was to cut the plywood sheets down to the size needed. These form the bottoms of the modules. They are sized to fit the cabinets upon which they rest. The idea is that eventually I will be adding fluorescent light bulbs above each of the modules, so their length is dependent on the width of those bulbs. The next photo shows a couple of boards cut to size and placed on the cabinets.
2008-08 Report
The base of the module is effectively a tray. After cutting each of the sheets of plywood I cut the side pieces, which are 1.5 inches tall. I made the module bases 1/8" less deep than the cabinets, because a 1/8"-thick front fascia sheet will be installed later, and I want those to be flush with the fronts of the cabinets.
2008-08 Report