After Canonsburg Pottery was created, a second factory was built in between the creek and the railroad in Canonsburg's west end, near Strabane, finished in 1911, employing 200 people. It was officially called Plant #2 but commonly known as the "upper pottery", since it was upstream. In 1912, this second plant was bought by W.S. George and was renamed the W.S. George Pottery Company, owned by the parent company in East Palestine, Ohio. Both companies primarily produced dinnerware, although W.S. George produced "toilet ware" early on. While run by members of the same family, they were two separate corporate entities. W.S. George stopped production in the 1960s due to foreign competition and heavy government regulations.