The layout was started on April 22, 2017 and demolished on March 17, 2021, or just shy of four years.
Reasons For The Demolition
1. The modules were too heavy (~40lbs each).
2. The modules were too large (3' x 4').
3. Cumbersome to move by myself.
Things To Improve Upon
1. Switch to a lighter-weight, yet stable, module construction material.
2. Develop a good system for manually throwing turnouts using magnets.
3. Turnout frogs on curved turnouts weren't always reliable nor easy to build.
Things I Liked About The Layout
1. The track plan is an exact-scale match to the prototype.
2. Overall design concept (modular, several modules built into one scene).
1. Handlaying rail the way I do is extremely time-consuming, but worth it.
2. Use flextrack if there are no turnouts on the module or track is hidden by ballast.
3. I did not like Caboose Industries turnout controls.
4. I used Circuitron Tortoise switch machines, but they are a pain the tweak and adjust, and require a lot of wiring.