Hardy & Rankin Co. was established in 1903, and sold building materials, millwork, lumber, ready-mix concrete, Sipes paint, and builders hardware. The company received lumber and other building materials in box cars and, occasionally, on flat cars. This company was also a concrete supplier, so they occasionally got gondolas full of building sand. The gondolas were spotted next to a bucket hoist which unloaded them. Covered hoppers may have also been used, but none were ever observed by eye-witnesses. Their local cement trucks had yellow cabs with silver mixers. They were located at 40 Murdock Street.