The Tylerdale Connecting Railroad was company formed by both the Baltimore & Ohio railroad and the Pennsylvania Railroad. It facilitated the interchange of traffic between the two competing railroads. The company was formed in 1899 by William P. Tyler of Tyler Tube, so that he could obtain favorable rates from either railroad for the shipping of his company's products. The B&O later took over the running of this shortline. It was about 1-1/3 miles long, and had a 1.5-mile branch line to the Lincoln Gas & Coal Company near Lincoln Hill that was built in 1917.
Conrail discontinued the use of the Tylerdale Connecting in 1982, and eventually removed its connecting track to the Chartier branch. The B&O continued its connection, though.